The moist and creaminess of these brownies make it a cross between brownies and chocolate cake. They are still harder in texture than a chocolate cake but are more moist and creamier than the usual brownies you have been baking. The crunchiness of almonds and the added texture of grated coconut make this recipe even richer in taste and texture. In just four easy steps and 45 minutes, you can have these delicious brownies for your whole family to enjoy.
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
2 cups of sugar
2 tsp. of baking powder
2 tbsp. of almonds
1 cup of grated coconut
1/2 tsp. of salt
2 tsp. of almond extract
1 cup of flour
1 cup almond butter
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Mix almond butter and sugar well in a bowl.
- Toss in eggs in the same bowl and then add 2 teaspoons of almond extract. Combine all the ingredients well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients including flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients into the almond butter mixture and combine all the ingredients well. Toss in the coconut and almonds to the mixture.
- Brush a baking tray with some butter. Pour prepared batter on the tray and bake for 35 minutes. Prick a knife in the brownie to know whether it is cooked or not. If the knife comes out clean, then your brownies are all set.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool before slicing.
- Baking perfect brownies depends on how you follow the measurements correctly. Also, make sure that you are using the cocoa powder that you have been used to. This may not be the time to discover new products.
- When transferring the batter into the pan, make sure to level the surface with the use of the back of an offset spatula.