Apple-Cinnamon Crème Caramel Cakes are an amazing spin-off on an upside-down apple cake and the classic crème caramel we always love. This indulgent dessert is drenched in homemade caramel syrup with a creamy and rich cheese crème caramel top.
The creamy caramel sits on a fluffy sponge with warming flavors of the classic combination, apple, and cinnamon.
Apple-Cinnamon Crème Caramel Cakes are the show-stopping gifts that can be served at dinner parties, festive dinners, and when at birthdays.Print
Apple-Cinnamon Crème Caramel Cake is a warm and indulgent dessert perfect for the festive season and special occasion. The creamy crème caramel with apple sponge is a very satisfying and excellent choice for a sweet tooth like us.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup Apple, grated
- ½ cup Flour
- ½ tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 2/3 cup Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare 4 ramekins by lining them with a baking sheet.
- In a pan, gently heat 1 tbsp of sugar to medium to low heat. Simmer the sugar for 4 to 5 minutes until golden.
- Pour the caramel into the prepared ramekins.
- In a bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth.
- Add Condensed Milk, egg yolks, salt, and vanilla, gradually in the whisked cream cheese.
- Divide the mixture into the ramekins and chill them for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180-degree Celsius.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter on low heat, add apples, remaining caster sugar, cinnamon powder, and 4 to 5 tbsp of water. Cook the apples till soft. Cool the mixture completely.
- In a bowl, separate the 3 eggs yolks, and whites. Beat the egg whites till stiff peak forms.
- Mix the egg yolk, apple mixture, flour, and remaining butter into a cake batter. Fold the stiff egg whites through.
- Pour the cake mixture into the chilled cheese mixture ramekins. Bake the ramekin for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let the ramekin sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Slide off the dessert onto the plate and serve immediately.
You can serve the cakes with fresh apple slices and caramel sauce. We like to serve it with cinnamon sticks and decoration of mint leaves. If you are preparing it in advance, we recommend reheating the cake with 1 tsp of simple syrup. Also, don’t cover the ramekins; otherwise, the cake will become very soggy.
The impressive thing about this dessert is that you can make a big batch for a personal serving. It might require a little bit of patience but believe us when we say it is worth it.
You can try this easy recipe and treat your friend or just yourself with delicious and delicate perfection.