When it comes to birthday parties and other celebrations, we always think about cakes for dessert. Yes, they are good, plus there are lots to choose from. But you have to keep in mind that cakes are not the only option when it comes to sweet treats.
You can probably make a pie, pudding, tart, cupcakes, or muffins. Ice cream is also a great dessert. But have you ever tried making an Apple Crumble? Oh, trust me, it is a crowd-pleaser. Imagine the luscious apple filling and the crunchy, crumbly topping. You can even serve it with vanilla ice cream. Even the little ones will surely love it!
If you are one who still feels challenged making a homemade pie crust, an Apple Crumble would be a good alternative to an apple pie. It is as delicious. In fact, an Apple Crumble has a more exciting texture than a pie. This dessert can also be made in under an hour, so it’s not a hassle at all. You can simply pop it in the oven while enjoying a sumptuous lunch or dinner meal. And by the time you are done with your main course, your dessert will be ready to serve.Print
Be it a summer holiday or just another cold winter day, this Apple Crumble is the perfect dessert. It can also be served with a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream or any flavor that suits your taste. What more could you ask for?
4 apples (peeled and diced)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup quick oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup cold butter (cubed)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combined diced apples with sugars, lemon juice, flour, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Pour into a baking dish (2-qt).
- Combine crumble ingredients in a separate bowl. Combine butter until crumbly using your hands for a few minutes. Sprinkle over apple mixtures and press lightly.
- Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly and caramelized.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.
- Use tart apples like Golden Delicious or Granny Smith as much as possible.
- If you want a crispier crumble topping, you can add nuts or granola.
While tart apples are highly recommended for this recipe, you can actually use other types. After all, you can never go wrong with fresh apples. All you have to do is to peel and dice them.
This Apple Crumble recipe can be made in advance. Simply assemble, cover with foil, and leave in the fridge until you are ready to bake. I suggest you bake it within 24 hours. Now, if you are wondering if you can freeze your pre-made apple crumble, I suggest you don’t because the filling tends to get watery. It will lose its crunchiness. This recipe is super easy to make anyway, so you really don’t have to make it in advance.