Baba Au Rhum or Rum Baba is a classic French dessert. It is soft, moist, and flavorful. The catch? It is saturated in alcoholic but delicious syrup. Serve it with homemade chantilly cream, and you will have an excellent treat.
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup butter (melted)
4 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups water
1/2 cup rum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix eggs and sugar in a large bowl, and then add the flour, melted butter, and baking powder.
- Half fill each silicone molds with the batter. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- While baking, you can start making the syrup. Add water, sugar, and rum into a casserole dish. Bring to a boil and then set aside.
- Remove babas from the oven, place in individual serving plates and drizzle with syrup.
- To add more flavor and beauty to your Baba Au Rhum, you can top it with homemade chantilly cream and some fresh berries.