Banana Drop Cookies
Do you have some overripe bananas sitting on your counter? Most of us would just throw them away. But did you know that you can put those bananas to good use? You can make a tall glass of banana milkshake or smoothie. You can also make some muffins, cupcakes, or perhaps banana bread or cake. You can utilize those overripe bananas to come up with a savory dessert or snack.
Do you know what else you can make? Banana Drop Cookies! Be it a weekday or weekend, it is not a hassle at all to make this type of cookie. You can make a batch in just a little over half an hour. You can then have a delicious snack or dessert that you can have for yourself. You can also take some to work or probably serve your friends and family members.
Indeed, Banana Drop Cookies are a good way of enjoying bananas, especially those overripe ones that nobody wants to eat anymore. This right here is a very easy recipe, and the result is light, fluffy, and delicious cookies that you can surely be proud of.
These cookies are soft, light, fluffy, and tasty – a good way to utilize overripe bananas instead of going to waste. Every bite is bursting with banana flavor.
2/3 c. butter
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. mashed banana
2 large eggs (beaten)
2 1/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
***1/4 c. sugar (for topping)
***1/2 tsp. cinnamon (for topping)
- Place flour, baking soda, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl and mix well.
- Combine sugar, butter, and vanilla. Make sure that the mixture gets light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beat well, and then add the mashed banana.
- Slowly mix wet and dry ingredients.
- Place the mixture in the fridge. Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a greased cookie sheet, drop balls of dough, about the size of a teaspoon. Arrange them about two inches apart.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar (for topping). Sprinkle the cookies with the mixture.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 to 10 minutes or until they are browned.
- Let cool for about 2 minutes on the cookie sheet. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make sure to mash the bananas well.
- Feel free to frost your cookies.
Everybody loves cookies, and this super easy recipe is definitely a winner when it comes to satisfying your cravings. Another good thing about this cookie recipe is that it only requires regular or basic ingredients. Plus, it would only take you about half an hour to make a batch.
If you want frosting with your Banana Drop Cookies, you need 2 cups of sifted powdered sugar, 1 mashed banana, 2 tablespoons softened butter, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Simply combine them.
You can add more powdered sugar until you achieve the desired consistency. Once the cookies have cooled completely, you can go ahead and frost each one of them.