This Berry and Cherry Pavlova recipe makes an elegant dessert that you can serve during special gatherings and holiday meals. It’s also an excellent treat if you are having a dinner date!
4 large egg whites
1 1/4 c. white sugar
1 tsp. each vanilla extract and lemon juice
2 tsp. cornstarch
1-pint heavy cream
berries and cherries (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and draw a circle on the paper (9 inches in diameter)
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl. Slowly add in sugar and beat every after an addition. Beat until thick and glossy and then add cornstarch, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
- Spoon mixture onto the circle drawn on the paper. Spread toward the outside edge, while building the edge a little bit.
- Bake for about an hour and let cool.
- Beat heavy cream in a small bowl until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Remove the parchment paper and transfer meringue into a flat serving plate. Fill the center with whipped cream and top with berries and cherries.
- Beat eggs until stiff but not dry.
- Before baking, be sure that there is an impression in the center.