In only about 45 minutes, you will be winning the hearts of everyone who will be partaking in the dinner you prepared. This berry recipe will surely enliven the dinner table with its aesthetic appeal and delectable taste. It is simple to prepare, but you bet, berry tartlets can give you accolades of a job well done.
Fresh fruits are excellent desserts. But having them as dessert every time can be dull and boring. With berry tartlets for dessert, you are treating everyone at the dining table with fruits and pastry in one. And with a creamy topping, this recipe is indeed a complete package.
Looking at a berry tartlet, you may think that it can only be baked by a pro. But it is not. You can get it perfect even if it is your first time making it. This recipe is as straightforward as it can be. By reading the instructions, you will see that it is all about mixing the ingredients. There’s nothing that is complicated, really.
1 15 oz of rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crusts (2)
Non-stick cooking spray
2 tbsp. of sugar
1 tbsp. of cornstarch
1 12 oz. package of frozen mixed berries
1 tbsp. of lemon juice
1/3 cup of whipping cream
¼ cup of purchased lemon curd
1 tsp. of sugar
¼ tsp. of vanilla
Mint sprigs (optional)
- Let pie crust rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- With a cooking spray, lightly coat 12 2 ½ inch muffin cups.
- By using a 3 ½ to 4 inch round cutter, cut 6 circles from each crust.
- Press a circle on each of the muffin cups. Pleat to fit.
- To make the filling, combine 2 tbsp. of sugar and cornstarch in a medium bowl
- Stir in berries and lemon juice.
- Spoon berry mixture into pastry shell.
- Bake until pastry is golden or about 20 minutes.
- Cool muffin cups in a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing tartlets from muffin cups. Cool completely.
- In another medium bowl, combine whipping cream, lemon curd, 1 tsp. of sugar, and vanilla. Using an electric mixer at medium speed or a wire whisk, beat until mixture mounds or fluffy. Spoon over filling.
- Garnish tartlets with mint sprigs.
- You can serve your Berry Tartlets with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on the side.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Having berry tartlets as dessert at dinner can be the best decision you’ll ever make. Everybody will surely love the crunch of the tartlets, the crispiness, and sweetness of the fruits, and the creaminess of the toppings. With only 45 minutes to spare, you can make dinner a moment to remember with this beautiful and flavorful dessert.
What’s good about preparing berry tartlets is that those you invited for dinner think that you invested much effort to make this dessert for them. Little do they know that it is just as simple as mixing and waiting for them to be cooked. With these sweet treats, you will surely share sweet memories with your loved ones.