Looking at a berry tartlet, you may think that it can only be baked by a pro. But it is not. You can get it perfect even if it is your first time making it. This recipe is as straightforward as it can be. By reading the instructions, you will see that it is all about mixing the ingredients. There’s nothing that is complicated, really.
1 15 oz of rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crusts (2)
Non-stick cooking spray
2 tbsp. of sugar
1 tbsp. of cornstarch
1 12 oz. package of frozen mixed berries
1 tbsp. of lemon juice
1/3 cup of whipping cream
¼ cup of purchased lemon curd
1 tsp. of sugar
¼ tsp. of vanilla
Mint sprigs (optional)
- Let pie crust rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- With a cooking spray, lightly coat 12 2 ½ inch muffin cups.
- By using a 3 ½ to 4 inch round cutter, cut 6 circles from each crust.
- Press a circle on each of the muffin cups. Pleat to fit.
- To make the filling, combine 2 tbsp. of sugar and cornstarch in a medium bowl
- Stir in berries and lemon juice.
- Spoon berry mixture into pastry shell.
- Bake until pastry is golden or about 20 minutes.
- Cool muffin cups in a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing tartlets from muffin cups. Cool completely.
- In another medium bowl, combine whipping cream, lemon curd, 1 tsp. of sugar, and vanilla. Using an electric mixer at medium speed or a wire whisk, beat until mixture mounds or fluffy. Spoon over filling.
- Garnish tartlets with mint sprigs.
- You can serve your Berry Tartlets with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on the side.