These blueberry muffins are so simple, but they are very tasty! They are moist, and their perfect crusty tops are amazing. Each bite is bursting with fresh blueberries. They are the BEST!
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour (add 1 tablespoon for dusting)
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
8 tbsp. butter (melted)
1 c. sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 c. plain sour cream
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 1/2 c. blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and put the rack in the lower middle.
- Grease or line a 12-well muffin pan.
- Place the blueberries in a bowl and sprinkle 1 tbsp. of flour over them. Toss to coat.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Place the sour cream, sugar, eggs, milk, lemon zest, vanilla, and melted butter in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar-egg mixture, a third at a time. Mix until just incorporated. Make sure not to overmix.
- Fold the blueberries into the mixture.
- Spoon the dough evenly among the cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 2 or 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool for another 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkling flour over the blueberries will help keep them from sinking in the muffin as it cooks.
- Take note that if you are using frozen blueberries, the cooking time may increase by a few minutes. You also need to separate them so they are not sticking together. Toss them in flour to coat.