With these Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls, there is no need to go to Cinnabon. You will get to enjoy gooey and delicious cinnamon rolls right in the comfort of your home – created in your own kitchen!
1/2 cup heavy cream (can be replaced with whole milk)
1 c. warm water
4 1/2 tsp. instant yeast
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 c. buttermilk (at room temperature)
2 tsp. salt (fine grain)
2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
1/3 c. canola oil
1/3 c. melted butter
8 c. all-purpose flour
2 dime-sized circles soy lecithin
12 tbsps. unsalted butter (softened)
2 c. packed light brown sugar
2 tbsps. packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
5 tbsps. ground cinnamon
4 tbsps. cornstarch
6 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
4 tbsps. unsalted butter (softened)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbsp. corn syrup
2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- Place the water and cream in a microwave-proof bowl and heat until warm, about 30 to 60 seconds. It should be warm and not hot.
- Add the yeast and two teaspoons of sugar, and allow to foam for up to 10 minutes.
- In a separate small microwave-proof bowl, place the buttermilk and warm it up. Add to the yeast mixture.
- Get another bowl and combine the remaining sugar, oil, salt, eggs, and butter. Add to the yeast mixture. Using a dough hook, stir and mix. Top with flour and soy lecithin.
- Mix for about 3 minutes and add about 1/4 cup of flour if needed.
- Remove the dough hook and cover the bowl with a towel for about 1 to 2 hours, allowing it to rise. Put it in a warm spot.
- Lightly flour a section of your counter and roll the dough into a rectangle. Brush with softened butter all the way to the edges.
- Mix the brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, and corn starch in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the buttered dough.
- Roll the dough into a tight log. Get a floss, slide it under the dough, bring it up, and make an “x”. Pull it tight to cut through and set it on the greased cookie sheet. Repeat the steps until all of the rolls are in the pan. Cover with a towel and allow to rise for 1 to 2 hours.
- Bake in the oven (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for about 22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and frost while they are still hot.
How to make the frosting:
- Using a bowl and a handheld mixer, whip the butter and cream cheese together until softened. Add the corn syrup and vanilla and beat again.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until the desired consistency is achieved.
When baking the cinnamon rolls, be sure to watch the tops. Remove them from the oven as soon as they turn golden brown.