Blueberry Chia Pudding
We can derive many health benefits from chia seeds. If you want to eat them raw, you can just soak them in water to soften. You can also add them to your yogurt, salad, smoothie, porridge, or you can simply drink it straight up.
But if you want to enjoy chia seeds, even more, the way to do it is to make your blueberry chia pudding. It is very easy to do it. It will only take you a couple of minutes which makes it a perfect choice for breakfast or dessert. You will surely have a great day ahead with all the energy you need.
Indeed, a blueberry chia pudding is great for breakfast but you can take it any time of the day as dessert or snacks without having to worry about an increasing waistline in due time. This pudding variation is not fattening. This recipe uses non-dairy milk and it uses honey as a sweetener. While it is a healthy meal, the taste is not compromised. It tastes really delicious and smells good also because of the cinnamon. It can refresh and invigorate with the fruity flavor of blueberries and the earthy sweetness of honey and bee pollen.
1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 tsp. of Ceylon cinnamon
1 tbsp. of pure maple syrup or honey
1 tbsp. of hemp seeds, hulled
1/3 cup of chia seeds
1/2 cup blueberries + more for topping, fresh or frozen
Topping: blueberries, sliced almonds, bee pollen
- Combine blueberries, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, hemp seeds, honey, or maple syrup in the blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Taste and if needed, add more sweetener.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Stir in chia seeds and whisk.
- Let it rest for 15 mins. Mix halfway through.
- Top with blueberries. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and bee pollen.
- At first, you should follow the amount of ingredients that are listed above. You can adjust the ingredients, according to your taste the next time you make your blueberry chia pudding. If you are a vegan, you can simply omit the honey and change it to maple syrup. You can also do away with bee pollen.
- Feel free to add yogurt to this recipe.
It is quite hard to look for a healthy meal that is delicious and easy to prepare. But with blueberry chia pudding, you can have a healthy and delicious breakfast or dessert in just a couple of minutes. Make sure to serve this pudding variation to your family regularly to derive the health benefits of chia seeds and all the other ingredients.
While chia seeds are small in size, they are packed with anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. They are rich sources of omega fatty acids, fibers, proteins, calcium, and iron. The health benefits of chia seeds include lowering bad cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.
They are also good for digestion as well as fighting against inflammation. Add to this the benefits that blueberry, hemp seed, and honey and you have a superfood for breakfast or dessert with blueberry chia puddings.