Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish
Personally, I find Blueberry Danish (all Danish pastries actually) adorable. From the cute name to the simple way you eat them as well as how they are decorated, this treat is just loaded with cuteness. What is there not to love about blueberry Danishes? They are easy to make, tasty, satisfying, and gorgeous. I just love everything about them!
If you have a package of frozen puff pastry dough on hand, this recipe would be great. Having the dough ready would definitely make the task much easier. So even if you are making blueberry Danishes for breakfast, you can easily pull them together before you go to work. Yes, this treat is good for breakfast. It could be a snack too or a pair for your cup of tea or coffee in the afternoon. Or, it can serve as your dinner dessert as well.
Your family will surely love these beauties. Cooking for a crowd? No worries. Like what we have said, this recipe is not hard to follow at all. All you need is a few ingredients which include blueberries, sugar, cream cheese, vanilla essence, icing sugar, and puff pastry.
Looking into adding a taste of luxury to your breakfast meal or dinner dessert? A Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish would be a good option. No, not good, but EXCELLENT! It is loaded with beauty and satisfying flavor.
2 sheet puff pastry (thawed)
2 cups blueberries
1 cup cream cheese (at room temperature)
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Icing sugar (for frosting)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine blueberries and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a small saucepan and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened. Once the mixture is thick enough, remove it from heat and set it aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining sugar, and vanilla essence until smooth.
- Join the pastry sheets together (using a little bit of cold water) and create a long rectangle. Press firmly along the join.
- Using the long edge as a guide, slice the pastry into 9 long strips.
- Take a strip and create a twist by turning each end in opposite directions. Coil onto the tray to form a spiral and tuck underneath. Repeat with the remaining strips.
- Press a spoon into the center of each, forming a flattish bowl in the middle.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into the middle and top with the cooled blueberry mixture.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can actually shape your Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish in several ways. You may opt for classic rounds, pinwheels, or diamonds.
If you are familiar with making puff pastry, you are free to make your very own. This is something that you can do during the weekend when there is not much going on. From birthday parties to reunions and bridal or baby showers, blueberry cream cheese Danishes are the perfect way to treat your guest.