Looking into adding a taste of luxury to your breakfast meal or dinner dessert? A Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish would be a good option. No, not good, but EXCELLENT! It is loaded with beauty and satisfying flavor.
2 sheet puff pastry (thawed)
2 cups blueberries
1 cup cream cheese (at room temperature)
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Icing sugar (for frosting)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine blueberries and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a small saucepan and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened. Once the mixture is thick enough, remove it from heat and set it aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining sugar, and vanilla essence until smooth.
- Join the pastry sheets together (using a little bit of cold water) and create a long rectangle. Press firmly along the join.
- Using the long edge as a guide, slice the pastry into 9 long strips.
- Take a strip and create a twist by turning each end in opposite directions. Coil onto the tray to form a spiral and tuck underneath. Repeat with the remaining strips.
- Press a spoon into the center of each, forming a flattish bowl in the middle.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into the middle and top with the cooled blueberry mixture.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can actually shape your Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish in several ways. You may opt for classic rounds, pinwheels, or diamonds.