Be it lunch or dinner, the main course is something that everybody is looking forward to. But you know what else is worth the attention? The dessert! And it should be anything but boring. That is exactly what this Bundt Cake With Vanilla Glaze is. Who wouldn’t fall in love with its golden crust on the outside, not to mention the delicious vanilla glaze? You’d definitely fall in love with it! You can even double the glaze if you wish to.
If you are just learning to bake, do not be intimidated by this bundt cake recipe. I am telling you right now, as long as you have the right ingredients and you carefully follow the steps, you can nail it and end up with a gorgeous and delicious dessert.
It is sweet, dense, soft, and golden brown. The glaze is also a winner, making this classic recipe.
Wondering what a bundt cake is? Simply put, it is a cake baked in a bundt pan. The truth is, even if you make a carrot cake or a vanilla cake, as long as you utilize a bundt pan, it can be considered a bundt cake.Print
This Bundt Cake With Vanilla Glaze is amazingly moist but is firm enough to hold its shape. It is soft, dense, golden brown, and sweet to satisfy your cravings. You also have the freedom to decorate it with fruits and nuts to make it look prettier.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter (softened)
2 eggs (at room temperature)
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups powdered confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Using a stand mixer at medium speed, beat granulated sugar, eggs, and butter until well blended.
- Reduce speed to low. Add milk and vanilla.
- Change the speed back to medium and mix well.
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder. Beat for approximately 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared bundt pan and then bake for about 30 minutes.
- Using a knife, gently loosen the cake from the pan and then transfer it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Mix until fully incorporated.
- The glaze should be thick enough to hold its drip on the cake. But at the same time, it should be runny enough to pour. If it is too thick, add more milk.
How to Store
Refrigerating your bundt cake will dry it out, so it is better to store it at room temperature. Simply put it in an airtight container or wrap it with plastic wrap. You can double wrap it as well – first with plastic wrap and then foil. That is if you wish to freeze it.