Personally, I am very excited to share with you this recipe because it is a combination of two of my favorite cakes ever – carrot cake and cheesecake! Isn’t it nice to have an excellent carrot cake and luscious cheesecake all in one bite? I’m sure it is!
I would say this cake is a showstopper. Imagine those layers of carrot cake and then a cheesecake at the center, topped with an incredibly delicious cream cheese frosting. Anybody who will take a bite will be enchanted, that’s for sure!
Our dessert recipe for today is just right. It can be your Easter dessert. I’ll be honest with you though. This cake recipe is not easy, but it’s not hard either. But just as long as you carefully read the directions and follow them, you will certainly end up with the most gorgeous and delicious carrot cake cheesecake.Print
This cake recipe is indeed a showstopper. You will have a great carrot cake and delightful cheesecake all in one bite. It’s the perfect Easter dessert!
3 (8-oz) packages of cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 c. white sugar
4 large eggs
1 c. sour cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. packed dark brown sugar
2/3 c. canola oil
1 large egg
1 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. grated carrots
1/3 c. chopped walnuts
2 c. confectioners’ sugar
4 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. almond extract
- Position the oven racks in the center and lower third of the oven and then preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fill a roasting pan halfway with water and place it in the lower rack of the oven.
- Spray the inside of a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the three 8-oz packages of cream cheese using an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy.
- Reduce speed to medium-low and add the white sugar. Beat for about 2 minutes.
- Beat 4 eggs, one at a time, into the cream cheese mixture. Beat well after each addition.
- Beat sour cream and vanilla extract into the cream cheese mixture until smooth.
- Add 3 tbsp. flour and beat until the cheesecake mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat brown sugar and canola oil together using an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add 1 egg and beat for about 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and add 1 cup of flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Beat until batter is combined and then fold in carrots and walnuts.
- Spread carrot cake batter in the prepared pan followed by the cheesecake mixture. Place the pan on the rack above the roasting pan in the oven.
- Bake for about 1 hour 10 minutes or until cheesecake is set. Cover the top of the pan with aluminum foil if browning too quickly. Cool for 10 minutes.
- To loosen the cake, run a knife around the edge of the pan. Cool to room temperature in the pan on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours and remove the outside of the springform pan.
- In another bowl, beat confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, and almond extract together using an electric mixer until frosting is smooth.
- Spread frosting on top of the cheesecake layer.
- If you want, you can add food coloring to the frosting.
- You can also top the frosting layer with coconut and/or chopped nuts.
There you go with an excellent carrot cake cheesecake that you can make for Easter or any celebration all year round. Enjoy!