Carrot Cinnamon Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting and Pecans
Are you looking for the perfect recipe for a weekday dessert or weekend potluck? Try this Carrot Cinnamon Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting and Pecans. Imagine those sweet and ultra-moist cupcakes. I’m sure adults and kids will equally love them!
Making this dessert is not hard at all. Yes, that’s right, even if you are making it from scratch. It’s worth it, I promise! Aside from the flavorful base, the cream cheese frosting and pecans are definitely a winner!
Some people may think, why do you have to add vegetables to your dessert? The truth is, there is nothing wrong with that. Carrots are healthy and they are sweet, and that’s exactly what makes them an excellent ingredient even for a dessert recipe. In fact, this would be a great way for you to encourage your kids to eat vegetables. 🙂
The cream cheese frosting gives these delicious carrot cupcakes a fantastic balance as well. And the pecans? Oh, you would love the texture! They are the perfect match for moist carrot cupcakes.
Nobody can resist these Carrot Cupcakes – spiced with cinnamon and topped with delicious homemade cream cheese frosting and pecans. Plus, this recipe is made completely from scratch!
2 c. shredded carrots
2 c. granulated sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
4 large eggs
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 c. unsalted butter (softened)
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. chopped pecans
more ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line cupcake tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat until well-blended and then add in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder. Beat for about 2 to 3 minutes and fold in shredded carrots.
- Fill cupcake tins 3/4 full and bake for about 22 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat cream cheese and butter together for about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and beat for 3 to 4 minutes or until fluffy. Fold in chopped pecans.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, use an open tip to pipe the cream cheese frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and top with pecan halves if desired.
- For the best rise and to make it easier to mix the ingredients, it would be better to have them at room temperature.
- When making the frosting, the butter and cream cheese should be softened but should still be cool to the touch so that the mixture won’t get runny.
It is quite important that you allow your carrot cupcakes to cool completely before frosting. If you are not serving them right away, keep them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge. This should help prevent the cupcakes from drying out while preserving the frosting.