Nobody can resist these Carrot Cupcakes – spiced with cinnamon and topped with delicious homemade cream cheese frosting and pecans. Plus, this recipe is made completely from scratch!
2 c. shredded carrots
2 c. granulated sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
4 large eggs
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 c. unsalted butter (softened)
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. chopped pecans
more ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line cupcake tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat until well-blended and then add in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder. Beat for about 2 to 3 minutes and fold in shredded carrots.
- Fill cupcake tins 3/4 full and bake for about 22 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat cream cheese and butter together for about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and beat for 3 to 4 minutes or until fluffy. Fold in chopped pecans.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, use an open tip to pipe the cream cheese frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and top with pecan halves if desired.
- For the best rise and to make it easier to mix the ingredients, it would be better to have them at room temperature.
- When making the frosting, the butter and cream cheese should be softened but should still be cool to the touch so that the mixture won’t get runny.