This Carrot Sheet Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting will surely impress your guests. Packed with common ingredients plus cream cheese icing and toasted coconut flakes, everybody would be asking for more!
1 package spice cake mix (about 16.5 oz)
3 large eggs
1 c. water
1/3 c. vegetable oil
2 1/2 c. shredded carrots
1 1/2 c. pineapple tidbits
2 c. chopped toasted walnuts (divided)
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1/2 c. salted butter (softened)
4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. unsweetened coconut flakes (toasted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a jelly-roll pan (about 15X10 inch).
- Using the bowl of an electric stand mixer, combine cake mix, water, eggs, and oil. Mix according to the instructions on the packaging, and then add carrots, pineapple tidbits, and one cup of walnuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes. Once done, transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely (about half an hour).
- Use an electric stand mixer on medium speed to beat cream cheese, vanilla, and butter for 5 minutes or until combined well and fluffy. Slowly add sugar, one cup at a time, beating after each addition.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over the surface of cooled carrot cake. Spread out evenly using an offset spatula.
- Top evenly with the remaining one cup of chopped walnuts and toasted coconut flakes.
- It is important that you soften the butter and cream cheese slowly so it will be easier to beat them. They will be nice and fluffy.
- Be sure to let the cake cool completely before frosting. This will help avoid tearing the surface of the cake.