The perfect blend of a crunchy tart, creamy custard filling, and the sweetness of cherries really make a custard cherry pie perfect for dessert. And what makes it even better is you don’t need to have a bite and ingest it before you can appreciate it. By merely seeing a beautiful cherry custard pie displayed on the dinner table, it is really irresistible to take your supper slowly.
1 tablespoon of canola oil
3 large eggs
1 cup 2% milk
1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 ½ teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
14.5 ounces of red tart cherries, drained and pitted
1 pie crust, 9 inches
- Preheat oven to 300 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend together all the ingredients (except the cherries and pie crust) for about 30 seconds using a blender or a food processor until a smooth custard mixture is obtained.
- Let the thin mixture rest for about 20 minutes.
- Place the cherries into the pie crust.
- Pour in the custard mixture.
- Bake the pie for 35-40 minutes in the preheated oven until the custard is set in the center.
- Let cool on a rack before serving.
- You may have the option to bake your cherry custard pie from anywhere between 300 degrees to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. But as you increase the temperature, you must be more cautious with your cooking time. Baking can be much faster when you cook at 350 degrees so always check by pricking the center using a toothpick.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes