Chocolate and coconut salami is a delicious, decadent and fudgy dessert that is perfect for any occasion. This is a no-bake recipe that is not just super simple to make, but it mouthwatering delicious.
1 cup of tea biscuits
1 tbsp pecans, chopped
1 tbsp pistachios, chopped
1 tbsp hazelnuts, chopped
2 tbsp, raisins
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
200 g dark chocolate
2 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp coconut milk
4 tbsp Icing sugar
- Crush tea biscuits with your hands or with the help on a rolling pin.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate and microwave it so that it melts. You can microwave it and stir it at 30 seconds interval until it is completely melted.
- Add coconut oil and coconut milk to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add nuts, desiccated coconut and raisins and mix until everything is covered in chocolate.
- On a parchment paper, spoon the chocolate mixture lengthwise in the centre.
- Wrap the mixture up in paper and roll the edges to form a toffee shape. Give it a shape with your hands so that it gets a salami shape.
- Place the salami in the refrigerator for one and a half hour until it is completely set.
- Once the salami is set, remove it from the refrigerator, unwrap it. Dust it with icing sugar and slice it. Enjoy.
Don’t crush the tea biscuits too much, or they will turn into dust. 1-inch pieces are good enough.
You can choose 50% dark chocolate or 70 % depending upon your preference. Furthermore, you can also melt chocolate over a hot water bath.
Lastly, you can refrigerate the salami pieces in an airtight jar for a maximum of 3 weeks.