Chocolate Bread With Chocolate Chips
If you are anything like me who needs a chocolate fix most of the time, then this recipe is for you. It is a quick fix to be honest because it will only take you about 15 minutes to put a super delicious chocolate bread with chocolate chips together. Imagine having a home filled with a chocolatey aroma. If you are a chocolate lover, this would be heaven for you!
This treat is also known as a chocolate loaf cake. It is perfect not only for breakfast and snacks but also for dessert. It would be one of the best pairs for your favorite tea or simply a cup of coffee.
This delicious Chocolate Bread With Chocolate Chips is so simple to put together. In just a matter of 15 minutes, you’d be filling your home with that chocolatey aroma. You and your family will certainly love this for breakfast, a snack, as well as for dessert!
1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup white granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
2 large eggs
3/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then line a loaf tin (can accommodate 6 cups).
- Sift the cocoa in a large bowl and add the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Set aside about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and then add the rest to the batter. Mix well and set aside.
- Using a separate bowl, combine the eggs with the milk, vanilla, and melted butter. Mix well.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Fold using a spatula.
- Put the batter into the prepared tin. Level the top before scattering over the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 50 to 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the bread the cool in the tin for about 10 to 15 minutes before transferring into a wire rack to cool completely.
- Your chocolate bread is best served while it is still warm.
While some recipes use yeast, we used baking powder and soda instead for the rise. In fact, this right here is close to cakes and muffins. But one thing is for sure, you can expect it to be rich in chocolate flavor. It is also moist and fluffy, not to mention that it is studded with chocolate chips. You can even add more if you wish to.
Now to store your chocolate bread or chocolate loaf cake put it in an airtight container and put it in a cool spot. You can also freeze it if you want to extend its shelf life. All you have to do is slice it up and wrap each piece in plastic wrap. You can then put all the individually wrapped slices in an airtight container and store them in the freezer. They should last for up to 2 months.