This delicious Chocolate Bread With Chocolate Chips is so simple to put together. In just a matter of 15 minutes, you’d be filling your home with that chocolatey aroma. You and your family will certainly love this for breakfast, a snack, as well as for dessert!
1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup white granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
2 large eggs
3/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then line a loaf tin (can accommodate 6 cups).
- Sift the cocoa in a large bowl and add the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Set aside about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and then add the rest to the batter. Mix well and set aside.
- Using a separate bowl, combine the eggs with the milk, vanilla, and melted butter. Mix well.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Fold using a spatula.
- Put the batter into the prepared tin. Level the top before scattering over the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 50 to 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the bread the cool in the tin for about 10 to 15 minutes before transferring into a wire rack to cool completely.
- Your chocolate bread is best served while it is still warm.