Looking for a simple yet delicious dessert recipe to feed a crowd? Well, I’ve got one for you today – Chocolate & Cherry Brownies!
Brownies are one of the world’s most favorite desserts and snacks. I know the chocolate ones are good. But if you want your dessert to come with more flavor and texture, why not stud it with cherries? It’s never that hard to find cherries anyway. It’s the best way to consume them, especially if you have some growing in your backyard.
Sure, there are many dessert recipes where you can incorporate cherries into, but this Chocolate & Cherry Brownie recipe is probably the simplest one. But when it comes to the taste, it’s impeccable!
If you take a look at cookbooks or perhaps recipe sites, you will surely find all sorts of brownie recipes. But you know what? In order for you to end up with excellent brownies, you should have the perfect ratio of flour to sugar to fat.
This will help you achieve brownies that have a paper-thin crispy shell on top that transitions from cakey to fudgy towards the bottom. It will also depend on the mixing method that you use.Print
These buttery chocolate brownies are studded with tart cherries. You’ll get to enjoy a crisp sugary crust on top, not to mention the cakey and fudgy center. These will certainly satisfy your chocolate craving!
3/4 cup dried cherries (or about 80 grams)
1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
2 tablespoons Cherry Heering
2 tbsp water
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup unsalted butter (or about 80 grams)
3/4 cup dark chocolate (or about 80 grams)
1 cup evaporated cane sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8X8 inch pan with parchment paper. Move the oven rack to the center.
- Place the dried cherries, cherry liqueur, and water in a small pot and bring to a boil. The cherries should be submerged. Continue boiling until the alcohol smell is gone. Turn the heat off and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Whisk them together until evenly combined.
- Put the butter and dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 60 to 90 seconds or until the butter is fully melted and the chocolate has melted partially. Whisk them together until the chocolate melts.
- Add the eggs to the chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the flour mixture plus the cherries and the liquid in the pot. Fold the mixture until uniform.
- Put the batter into the prepared pan. Level off the top and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once baked, put the pan on the cooling rack. Remove the brownies using parchment paper. Let them cool completely before slicing.
- You can use other cherry liqueur.
- When trying to melt the butter and dark chocolate, make sure that the mixture does not boil.
To make your Chocolate & Cherry Brownies more presentable, top with confectioner’s sugar and some fresh cherries. Enjoy! 🙂