These buttery chocolate brownies are studded with tart cherries. You’ll get to enjoy a crisp sugary crust on top, not to mention the cakey and fudgy center. These will certainly satisfy your chocolate craving!
3/4 cup dried cherries (or about 80 grams)
1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
2 tablespoons Cherry Heering
2 tbsp water
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup unsalted butter (or about 80 grams)
3/4 cup dark chocolate (or about 80 grams)
1 cup evaporated cane sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8X8 inch pan with parchment paper. Move the oven rack to the center.
- Place the dried cherries, cherry liqueur, and water in a small pot and bring to a boil. The cherries should be submerged. Continue boiling until the alcohol smell is gone. Turn the heat off and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Whisk them together until evenly combined.
- Put the butter and dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 60 to 90 seconds or until the butter is fully melted and the chocolate has melted partially. Whisk them together until the chocolate melts.
- Add the eggs to the chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the flour mixture plus the cherries and the liquid in the pot. Fold the mixture until uniform.
- Put the batter into the prepared pan. Level off the top and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once baked, put the pan on the cooling rack. Remove the brownies using parchment paper. Let them cool completely before slicing.
- You can use other cherry liqueur.
- When trying to melt the butter and dark chocolate, make sure that the mixture does not boil.