Florentines make a beautiful gift whatever the occasion is, be it Christmas, Thanksgiving, or Valentine’s day. They are gorgeous, chewy, and truly delightful. With lots of almonds, this Chocolate-Dipped Florentine recipe is one of the best dessert options.
1 3/4 oz unsalted butter, plus more for greasing (softened)
1 3/4 oz brown sugar
1 3/4 oz plain flour
1 3/4 oz golden syrup
2 3/4 crystallized ginger (finely chopped)
1 3/4 oz flaked almonds
1 orange (zest only)
7 oz dark chocolate
2 1/2 oz white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit and then line and lightly grease 3 baking trays.
- Place the softened butter, golden syrup, and sugar in a saucepan. Heat until the sugar has dissolved. Make sure that there are no more granules.
- Remove from heat and add the ginger, flour, almonds, and orange zest. Combine thoroughly.
- With the mixture, pop 6 equal mounds on each tray and bake for about 8 minutes or until light golden in the center and slightly darker on the outside.
- Leave to rest for about 5 minutes before moving them.
- Melt the chocolate in separate bowls.
- Place the chocolate bowls over saucepans of simmering water. Be sure for the bowls not to touch the water. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Take each biscuit and dip half in. Dip some in the dark chocolate and the rest of the biscuits in white chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving.
- When popping the mounds on the tray, arrange them nicely, leaving enough room for them to spread during baking.
- Put the chocolate in bowls deep enough for dipping.