Are you looking forward to an intimate dinner date with your significant other this coming weekend? Wondering what a ‘romantic’ dessert would be? Nothing is better than chocolate-dipped strawberries! Yes, I know, they are a little cheesy. But hey, they are indulgent and classy, too! Really, they look very tempting, and they are definitely a luxury-style treat whether you are celebrating your anniversary or you simply want to have a special dinner with your sweetheart.
Instead of paying top-dollar for chocolate-dipped strawberries in an upscale restaurant, why not just make them at home? It’s more economical and really thoughtful. Plus, you can ensure that you are serving something fresh to your partner.
Are they hard to make? Not at all! All that it requires is to melt the chocolates, dip the strawberries, drizzle with white chocolate, and refrigerate. That’s it! No worries, we are going to explain further…
To achieve the best results, I highly recommend you to use red jumbo strawberries with stems. Also, use semisweet chocolate chips. But if you are into dark chocolate, then feel free to use that type.
This recipe also involves coconut oil, which you can actually omit if you are not a fan. Let me just clarify, it doesn’t add any flavor at all, but it makes it much easier for the chocolate covering to harden faster. It would be like a chocolate shell.Print
Chocolate-dipped strawberries are a luxury treat, perfect for any special occasion. Stylish and romantic-looking, very tempting, and, of course, super delicious!
1-pint fresh strawberries
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate (chopped)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse strawberries and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl and completely melt in the microwave. Do the same thing with the chopped white chocolate but in a separate bowl.
- Hold the strawberries by the stem and dip each one in the melted chocolate. Set them nicely in the baking sheet.
- Dip a fork in the melted white chocolate and drizzle over the chocolate-dipped strawberries.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- When melting the chocolate using the microwave, it would help a lot if you stir every after 30 seconds. Also, let the chocolate set a little bit before drizzling the white chocolate.
Putting the chocolate-dipped strawberries in the refrigerator should be done for the chocolate to set. However, it is not advisable that you leave them in the fridge for more than half an hour. You sure wouldn’t want to eat frozen strawberries! 🙂 As much as possible, have them at room temperature before you eat them.
Chocolate-dipped strawberries may be the easiest and least expensive dessert that you can make in your own kitchen. But when it comes to the appearance and flavor, they are definitely a winner. They can make your dinner fancy-looking, without actually costing you too much money.
One thing that you should remember, though. NEVER freeze chocolate-dipped strawberries because once they are thawed, later on, that will ruin the coating.