In the mood to try something new and super easy to make? Are you a fan of Nutella?
Oh, yes, Nutella is definitely one of the most popular brands of spread, particularly chocolate and hazelnut, all over the world. Having this is a sure way of bringing a smile to the breakfast table.
In fact, you can have this delicious spread all day long because you can easily spread it on pretty much anything from pancakes to bread. What’s more? It can serve as an ingredient to desserts, such as Chocolate Nutella Jelly Mooncakes.
Sure, the high fat and sugar content of Nutella is its downfall, but there are claims that it can provide you with some key vitamins and minerals. Plus, it has several properties that we do love so much. Why do you think the world went nuts with this chocolate and hazelnut spread? Simply because it is really delicious. It is truly irresistible!
So to those of you who are a fan of Nutella (just like me), this dessert recipe is for you. Kids will surely love it and would ask for more!Print
These Chocolate Nutella Jelly Mooncakes are addicting, that’s for sure, especially if you love Nutella. They are a cooling yummy dessert that you can serve anytime.
4 1/3 cups milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon agar-agar powder
1/2 tablespoon instant coffee
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup Nutella
- Combine 1 cup of milk, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon of agar-agar powder and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of instant coffee into it and stir well.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips into the hot milk mixture. Stir until chocolate dissolves and is smooth.
- Pour evenly into 8 muffin cups. Refrigerate and allow to set for about 15 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the chocolate jelly filling from the cup. Scrape the jelly on both sides. Set aside.
- Start making the mooncake outer cover by combining 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and 3 tablespoons of milk together. Set aside.
- Place 3 cups of milk, cocoa mixture, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, and 1 tablespoon of agar-agar powder in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil while stirring continuously using a hand whisk.
- Turn off the heat and add the Nutella in 3 batches. Stir and make sure that the Nutella is dissolved and is smooth.
- Pour Nutella liquid into mooncake mould (about 1/2 centimeter high) and let cool for about 30 to 60 seconds (to semi-set). Place the chocolate filling jelly on top.
- Pour the remaining Nutella liquid mixture over the chocolate filling jelly to full.
- Place in the fridge and allow to set completely.
- For best results, make sure to use high-quality chocolate as well as instant coffee. You can make use of espresso powder.
- Feel free to design the top with anything that you want.
These gorgeous jelly mooncakes are sure to impress everybody not only with their looks but also their taste. Enjoy every bit of it!