These Chocolate Nutella Jelly Mooncakes are addicting, that’s for sure, especially if you love Nutella. They are a cooling yummy dessert that you can serve anytime.
4 1/3 cups milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon agar-agar powder
1/2 tablespoon instant coffee
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup Nutella
- Combine 1 cup of milk, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon of agar-agar powder and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of instant coffee into it and stir well.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips into the hot milk mixture. Stir until chocolate dissolves and is smooth.
- Pour evenly into 8 muffin cups. Refrigerate and allow to set for about 15 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the chocolate jelly filling from the cup. Scrape the jelly on both sides. Set aside.
- Start making the mooncake outer cover by combining 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and 3 tablespoons of milk together. Set aside.
- Place 3 cups of milk, cocoa mixture, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, and 1 tablespoon of agar-agar powder in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil while stirring continuously using a hand whisk.
- Turn off the heat and add the Nutella in 3 batches. Stir and make sure that the Nutella is dissolved and is smooth.
- Pour Nutella liquid into mooncake mould (about 1/2 centimeter high) and let cool for about 30 to 60 seconds (to semi-set). Place the chocolate filling jelly on top.
- Pour the remaining Nutella liquid mixture over the chocolate filling jelly to full.
- Place in the fridge and allow to set completely.
- For best results, make sure to use high-quality chocolate as well as instant coffee. You can make use of espresso powder.
- Feel free to design the top with anything that you want.