Chocolate Walnut Cake
Delicious desserts can easily double our carbs intake. But with this recipe of chocolate walnut cake, you can be sure that you take in fewer carbs than you usually do when having chocolate cake as your dessert.
It is perfect for those on a strictly vegan diet but of course, can be enjoyed by everybody who loves sweet treats.
A slice of chocolate walnut cake has an overwhelming texture that easily satisfies. It is perfect for any occasion to have this cake which has the bittersweetness of the cocoa and the delicious flavor of walnuts. It is easy to bake this flavorful cake. You can have something to serve for dessert with only less than an hour to spare.
1 1/4 cup of almond flour, fluffed up with whisk before measuring
3 ounces of walnuts
1/2 cup of low carb sugar
1/3 cup of coconut flour, fluffed with a whisk before measuring
1/3 cup of cocoa powder, sifted before measuring
1 tbsp. of baking powder
1/4 tsp. of salt
4 large eggs
1/4 cup of walnut oil or melted butter
1 tsp. of vanilla
1 tsp. of stevia glycerite
1/2 cup buttermilk or full-fat coconut milk, or heavy cream
Chocolate Ganache Glaze:
2 ounces of Ghiradelli Intense Dark Chocolate 86%, or any high percentage chocolate
1/4 cup of heavy cream
2 tbsp. of butter or coconut oil, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and place the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Using parchment paper, trace the bottom of an 8 x 2-inch cake pan and cut out the circle.
- With a baking spray, spray the cake pan and put the parchment circle at the bottom of the pan.
- Process walnuts in a food processor with the sweetener until finely ground.
- In a medium bowl, toss in the dry cake ingredients, including the ground walnuts, and stir thoroughly with a large whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients and beat with a hand mixer in another bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until all are completely incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the cake pan. Gently tap the pan on the counter 2-3 times to remove any big air bubbles.
- Bake until the cake still feels moist when gently pressed with your finger and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean or about 30 – 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover with a clean tea towel and cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap until the cake is at room temperature before topping with the ganache.
Chocolate Ganache Glaze:
- Finely chop the chocolate before placing it in a small microwaveable bowl with the heavy cream and butter.
- Cover with waxed paper and microwave for 30 seconds. Let stand for 1 minute, then gently whisk to combine. The ganache should be thick and glossy. Use right away.
- Pour the chocolate ganache into the middle of the cake and spread with a spatula or knife, encouraging it to drip over the side. Decorate with optional walnut halves or walnut pieces if you wish, while the ganache is still soft. Cut and serve after the ganache has hardened.
- Store in the refrigerator or on the counter. If refrigerated, let it come to room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying it.
- You may find the price of walnut oil quite expensive. To save on a good quality oil, buy something bigger in size that will last a few years in the refrigerator. You can also use it in salad dressings and other baked goods.
Looking for a healthy dessert? This gluten-free recipe can be a perfect choice. It uses no flour. Instead, it uses almond powder which makes it more flavorful. It is easy to prepare. You can bake the perfect chocolate walnut cake even if you are a first-timer.