This Classic Chocolate Mousse recipe will give you a very delicious dessert to satisfy your cravings for chocolate. Plus, it is something that you can easily achieve right in your own kitchen. It’s French-style, too!
3 large eggs
125 grams of dark chocolate
10 grams of butter (unsalted)
1/2 cup cream
3 tablespoons caster sugar
additional whipped cream (for serving)
chocolate shavings (for serving)
- While eggs are still cold, separate the whites (large bowl) from the yolks (small bowl). Whisk the yolks.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and place it in the microwave to melt. Stir every 30 seconds.
- Beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add sugar to the egg whites and then beat until stiff peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the egg yolks into the cream. Maximum of 8 folds.
- Add the melted chocolate to the cream-yolk mixture. Fold. Maximum of 8 folds.
- Add about 1/4 of the beaten egg whites to the chocolate mixture and fold through until incorporated well. Make sure that there are no more lumps. Maximum of 12 folds.
- Divide the end-result mixture between four small glasses and refrigerate for at least 5 hours. You can also leave them in the fridge overnight.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and whipped cream before serving.
It is crucial that you use chocolate that is meant for cooking. As for the cream, you can utilize heavy or thickened cream.
- Cuisine: French