Brownies are easily one of the most popular desserts in the world. And why not? They are easy to prepare and there is no way you are serving the wrong dessert. Everybody loves chocolate, and brownies can be the easiest way to satisfy everyone at the dining table. Indeed, when thinking of a dessert that everybody will surely love, the safest option can be brownies.
Coconut Flour Brownies
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
There are many variations on how to make brownies. This version is best for those who are health conscious as it does away with the usual all-purpose flour used in making brownies. Instead, it uses coconut flour. It is also advised to use coconut oil rather than butter to make it even healthier and to fit special diets, such as keto or paleo diets.
For the Brownies:
1 1/2 cups of coconut flour
1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. of salt
1 cup of unsalted butter or coconut oil
4 oz. of dark chocolate, chopped
2 cups of granulated sugar or keto-friendly sugar substitute
4 large eggs
For the Frosting:
1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar or keto-friendly powdered sugar substitute
1/2 cup coconut oil, solid
2 tbsp. of unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp. of milk, unsweetened almond or coconut milk
1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
2 tbsp. of unsweetened shredded coconut
- After gathering all the ingredients, preheat the oven to 350 F. Line with nonstick foil or parchment paper a 9-inch square baking pan, leaving a 2-inch overhang on at least 2 sides. Grease the parchment paper or foil.
To Make the Brownies:
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Gently melt the butter or coconut oil and the chopped chocolate in a large saucepan, stirring constantly. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and eggs to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Toss in the coconut flour mixture to the pan. Stir to combine.
- In the prepared baking pan, pour the batter and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
- Let the pan rest on a wire rack to cool completely.
To Prepare the Frosting:
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, milk, solid coconut oil, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder. Whisk until well combined. Slowly add the remaining powdered sugar, 1/4 cup at a time while whisking, until desired consistency is achieved.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle with the unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Use the foil overhang to help lift the brownies out of the pan and cut them into squares.
- Brownies are ready to be served.
- You will surely have more slices to be left if you are alone or you have a few guests. Don’t worry. Brownies can last for three days as long as you keep them in an airtight plastic container and store them in the fridge. They will be perfect for your afternoon snack the next day.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
If you are still a newbie at baking, going for brownies can be the better choice when preparing dessert for guests. You can have chocolate cakes later when you get more confident with your baking. This recipe can also surely impress as it is rich in flavor and can be better in quality and texture than traditional brownies.