Coconut Milk Cake
If you are a coconut lover, I can guarantee that this Coconut Milk Cake will exceed your expectations. It is fluffy and moist, plus it has an intense coconut flavor. It also comes with a very delicious and silky coconut cream cheese buttercream. This cake is simply amazing! It is the perfect treat whatever the celebration is.
This Coconut Milk Cake is everything that you could ask for. It is super moist and intensely flavorful. It is soft and fluffy, too, plus you can make it in any shape. Most importantly, it is delicious and can certainly satisfy your cravings.
2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
5 large egg whites (at room temperature)
1/2 cup sour cream (at room temperature)
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. coconut extract
1 cup canned coconut milk (at room temperature)
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
Coconut Cream Cheese Buttercream:
1 cup unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
1 block (8 oz) full-fat cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
5 cup‘s confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons canned coconut milk
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. coconut extract
1/8 tsp. salt
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then grease three 9-inch pans. Line them with parchment paper and grease the parchment paper as well.
- Mix the cake flour with the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy using a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (medium speed).
- Add the egg whites and beat until combined. Add the sour cream, coconut extract, and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Set the mixer on low speed and slowly add the dry ingredients and coconut milk. Beat until combined and then add the shredded coconut.
- Evenly pour the batter into the cake pans and bake for about 21 to 23 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool completely in the pans set on a wire rack.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and cream cheese together in a large bowl using a stand mixer with a whisk or paddle attachment. Beat the mixture on low speed for about 2 minutes or until creamy and smooth.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar, coconut milk, coconut extract, vanilla extract, and salt while the mixer is running on low. Increase the speed and beat for about 3 minutes more.
- Create a flat surface by slicing a thin layer off the tops of the cakes using a large serrated knife. Place one cake layer on a cake stand and then cover the top evenly with 1 1/2 cups of frosting. Top with the second layer of cake and then cover the top again with 1 1/2 cups of frosting. Top with the last layer of cake. Cover the top and sides with the remaining frosting.
- Sprinkle coconut on top and sides of the cake.
- Refrigerate the cake for about 20 minutes before slicing.
- Make sure that the cakes completely cool before frosting and assembling.
- You can decorate the cake in any way you want.
There you go with a delicious coconut milk cake. You can be sure that everybody will love it!