Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookie
Coffee and chocolate are a match made in heaven. The two flavors go perfectly with each other, just like bread and butter. You might love chocolate cookies, and sugar cookies, but this coffee and chocolate cookie recipe is unlike any other.
The use of brown butter and brown sugar along with expresso and chocolate add layers of flavor.
Delicious and aromatic expresso and chocolate cookies are a perfect treat for every occasion. These are not only super easy to make but are an amazing way to start your day and satisfy your craving for caffeine. The crisp edges and gooey center will melt everyone’s heart.
¾ cup butter, unsalted
1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, dark
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
½ cup dark chocolate
¼ cup coffee powder (preferably expresso)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking powder
A pinch salt
- In a pan add butter and heat on medium heat. Stir it constantly until it gets golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to let it cool.
- In a large bowl, add brown and white sugar. Pour the cool butter over and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract, egg, and egg yolk and mix well until everything is combined well.
- In a separate bowl, add all-purpose flour, coffee powder, baking powder, salt, and mix well.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add chopped dark chocolate and mix lightly until the chocolate is covered in the batter.
- Once the batter is ready, cover the bowl with a cloth or clingfilm and refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper. Scope out the dough and place them on the tray at least 2 inches apart.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven at 350-degree F for 12 minutes.
- Once the edges start to get golden brown, remove the cookies from the heat.
- Allow them to cool down.
You can serve the cookies once they are cooled. You can dust confectionary sugar or drizzle chocolate sauce on top. Also, sprinkle a little sea salt as soon as the cookies are out of the oven for additional flavor.
When browning the butter, make sure you stir it constantly or it will burn and taste bitter. Your aim should be to reach a golden-brown color and nutty aroma.
Also, when adding chocolate, make sure you fold it in the batter lightly. If you over mix the batter, the cookies will become hard.
Lastly, you can store these cookies in an airtight jar for a long time.
These cookies hold so much taste that you won’t be able to stop eating them! Satisfy your cravings with this utterly delicious and super simple recipe.
I bet you will fall in love with it hard!