Colorful And Delicious Cake Pops
So your kid’s birthday is just a few days away. Everything is all set except for one thing – dessert. While a cake is the most popular party treat and it’s something that you do not want to omit because that’s where you can put the candle on, you might want to consider making an easy-to-grab dessert. Well, I’ve got something for you that the kiddos will certainly love…
Colorful and delicious cake pops! 🙂
As the name suggests, these treats are still a form of cake. The only difference is that they are styled as lollipops. So in short, these little buddies are basically a cake on a stick. Isn’t that wonderful? Children and even adults can easily grab one, eat it, go enjoy, and come back for more! 🙂
Cake pops can be made using different types of a base. Plus, when it comes to decorating them, you’d definitely have fun doing that because you can do thousands of designs. Make them as colorful and fun-looking as possible. After all, this is the first thing that attracts kids. But, of course, the taste can never be underestimated. As long as you follow the steps and you use the right ingredients, your cake pops would be bursting in flavor.
There is no better way of adding more fun to any party than bringing in these colorful and delicious cake pops. Decorating them is an excellent time to showcase your creativity as well.
1 package yellow cake mix (15 oz)
1 package prepared chocolate frosting
3 large eggs
1 c. water
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 bag chocolate candy melts (14 oz)
18 lollipop sticks
1 tube decorating icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then grease a baking dish (9×13-inch).
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, cake mix, water, and oil in a bowl. Use low speed for about 30 seconds and switch to medium speed for a couple of minutes.
- Pour batter into the greased baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for about half an hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool for an hour.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl and stir in the frosting until the mixture gets sticky. Put in the fridge for another half an hour.
- Make balls out of the cake mixture (about 1 1/2 inch) and put them on a baking sheet.
- Put a lollipop stick into each ball.
- Put the chocolate candy melts in a bowl and melt them in the microwave for about 15 to 20 seconds.
- Dip each cake pop in the melted chocolate and decorate with icing and sprinkles if desired.
Cake crumble mixture should be sticky, but make sure that it doesn’t get too smooth.
- Method: Baking
Like what we have said earlier, there are endless ways to design your cake pops. You can also substitute the chocolate dip with anything that you want so you can achieve more colorful and attractive cake pops. In fact, you can even use any flavor of cake and icing. Really, the possibilities are endless. Take note, though, that the instructions for baking may differ from one brand to another, so make sure that you check the instructions indicated on the box or packaging.
Have fun with your colorful and delicious cake pops! 🙂