There is no better way of adding more fun to any party than bringing in these colorful and delicious cake pops. Decorating them is an excellent time to showcase your creativity as well.
1 package yellow cake mix (15 oz)
1 package prepared chocolate frosting
3 large eggs
1 c. water
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 bag chocolate candy melts (14 oz)
18 lollipop sticks
1 tube decorating icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then grease a baking dish (9×13-inch).
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, cake mix, water, and oil in a bowl. Use low speed for about 30 seconds and switch to medium speed for a couple of minutes.
- Pour batter into the greased baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for about half an hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool for an hour.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl and stir in the frosting until the mixture gets sticky. Put in the fridge for another half an hour.
- Make balls out of the cake mixture (about 1 1/2 inch) and put them on a baking sheet.
- Put a lollipop stick into each ball.
- Put the chocolate candy melts in a bowl and melt them in the microwave for about 15 to 20 seconds.
- Dip each cake pop in the melted chocolate and decorate with icing and sprinkles if desired.
Cake crumble mixture should be sticky, but make sure that it doesn’t get too smooth.
- Method: Baking