Oreo is America’s number one top-selling brand of cookies. Everybody just can’t get enough of the two wafers with a sweet creme feeling. Growing up, it was my favorite. And speaking of favorite, I do love brownies, too. In fact, it is also one of the most popular desserts and snacks out there. Now, what about cream cheese? Well, we all know that this mild-tasting fresh cheese is among the most commonly used ingredients in all sorts of desserts.
Wondering why I am talking about Oreos, brownies, and cream cheese at the same time? That’s because these three are the main ingredients of our dessert for today. Yes, Cookies and Cream Cheese Brownies! Have you heard about them before? Had one yet? If not, it’s about time you make them for yourself and your loved ones. Oh, I am telling you, if there was a combination to be obsessed with, it should be this one right here.
Sure, brownies are good as is, but just imagine Oreos and cream cheese in them. Made with a brownie mix, they are very simple yet they are ridiculously gooey and fudgy. Oh so delicious! They are a trio made in heaven!Print
Take your brownies to the next level by adding some cream cheese and crushed and coarsely chopped Oreos in them. The result is something that everybody will surely rave about. You are going to want them all day long!
1 box brownie mix (about 18.3 oz.), plus other ingredients indicated on the packaging
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
8 Oreo cookies (crushed)
12 Oreo cookies (coarsely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then spray a baking dish (9X9) with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix following the instructions on the packaging. Set aside.
- Beat together the sugar, egg, and cream cheese in a small bowl. Stir in crushed cookie crumbs.
- Pour about 2/3 of the brownie mixture into the prepared baking dish. Add the cream cheese mixture by spoonfuls on top of the brownie mix. Add the remaining brownie mix.
- Sprinkle with coarsely chopped Oreos.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 to 50 minutes or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out.
- Cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
- When adding the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie mix, make sure to smooth it as best as you can.
These Cookies and Cream Cheese brownies are really good. They are awesome! Be sure to leave some of the Oreos big enough so that you will still be able to get a little bit of crunch from them.
When I first had this sweet treat, I couldn’t get over that delicious cream cheese layer, not to mention the texture and flavor that the crushed and coarsely chopped Oreos provide. And, of course, the fudgy brownie itself. I can guarantee, this would be your next favorite. You can store them in the fridge so you can sneak a piece whenever your taste buds yearn for sweets.