This cream puff recipe is bakery quality. The gorgeous Choux pastry balls are filled with sweet cream that will surely satisfy your cravings for sweets. They are impressive. You can easily whip them up. But, oh boy, I can guarantee you that they will disappear fast!
2 (3.5 oz) packages of instant vanilla pudding mix
2 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. butter
1 c. milk
1 c. water
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. all-purpose flour
- Combine instant vanilla pudding mix with cream and milk. Refrigerate to allow to set but make sure that it is covered.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring water and butter to a rolling boil using a large pot. Add flour and salt. Stir until the mixture forms a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl and start beating the eggs in, one at a time. Make sure to mix well after each addition using a wooden spoon or stand mixer.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Be sure to keep them apart (about 1 inch apart).
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool.
- Once the balls are cooled, split each one up and fill them with the pudding mixture.
- The centers of the Choux pastry balls should be dry.
- You can also utilize a pastry bag to pipe the pudding into the shells.