Be it a weeknight meal, dinner date, or special occasion, add fun to your day by indulging in this Creamy Caramel Flan prized for its simplicity and deliciousness. With its layer of caramel sauce, a small bite would surely go a long way.
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
5 large eggs
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. water
1 package cream cheese (8oz, softened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook sugar and water in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Wait until the mixture gets melted and golden. This would take about 15 minutes.
- Quickly pour the mixture into a 2-quart round or rectangular baking dish and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese in a bowl until smooth and then add eggs one at a time. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and then mix well before pouring over caramelized sugar.
- Pour boiling water in a larger pan about an inch high. Put the baking dish in the pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Put the dish on a wire rack and allow the flan to cool.
- Unmold, cut, and spoon over sauce before serving.
Once the flan is cooked and cooled, you can put it in the fridge overnight.