This easy recipe for Panna Cotta is creamy and made even better with raspberry sauce. It may seem simple, but the taste is filled with goodness.
For the Panna Cotta:
2 gelatin leaves
250 ml of milk
250 ml double cream
25 g sugar
1 vanilla pod (split lengthways)
For the raspberry sauce:
175 ml of water
175 g sugar
350 g raspberries
splash cherry liqueur
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water and wait until they get soft.
- In a pan, combine vanilla pods and seeds, milk, cream, and sugar. Bring it to a simmer. Get rid of the vanilla pod.
- Add gelatine leaves to the pan and stir until they get dissolved.
- To make the sauce, combine water, sugar, and cherry liqueur and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow the sugar to dissolve.
- Remove the pan from heat and add raspberries. Blend the sauce using a hand blender until smooth.
- Using a fine-mesh strainer, strain the sauce into a bowl and add remaining fruit.
- Turn each panna cotta out on a dessert plate and then spoon over the sauce.
- Garnish with mint leaves and dust with icing sugar before serving.
Be sure to squeeze the water out of the gelatin leaves before adding to the pan.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Cuisine: Italian