These crepes come with sweet strawberries and a creamy filling that will certainly give you a luscious dessert. They are delicious and elegant-looking as well.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup 2% milk
4 large eggs
1 cup of water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter (melted)
8 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 1/4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups fresh strawberries (sliced, divided)
1 cup heavy whipping cream (whipped)
- Whisk eggs, milk, butter, and water in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix salt and flour. Add to the egg mixture, mix well, and put in the fridge covered for about an hour.
- Lightly grease a non-stick skillet (about 8 inches) and heat over medium heat. Stir the batter, fill a 1/4 measuring cup halfway with the batter, and pour into the center of the pan. Lift and tilt the pan quickly to coat the bottom evenly. Cook until the top appears dry and turn it over and cook until the bottom is cooked. Transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- To make the filling, beat cream cheese, lemon juice, zest, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth. Add 2 cups of strawberries and the whipped cream.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the filling, put it in the center of each crepe, and roll it up.
- Garnish with remaining strawberries and serve.
- You can grease the pan as needed when cooking the rest of the batter.
- Once crepes have cooled, stack them between pieces of waxed paper or even paper towels.
- Feel free to garnish your strawberry crepes with more confectioner’s sugar before serving.