Let’s admit it. Many of us do not pay attention to pears as much as we do to apples. But did you know that pear is actually regarded as the ‘step-sister’ of apple? Both fruits have almost the same nutrients and minerals. Therefore, their health benefits are quite similar.
Pear is sweet and it also has a fibrous center. In general, it is a mild fruit but it contains lots of fiber, compounds, and antioxidants, which are all beneficial to your health.
Wondering what the health benefits of eating pear are? First of all, it contains dietary fiber, which is exactly what you need if you are trying to lose weight. It also encourages detoxification.
According to health experts, the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that pear contains can help fight free radicals, reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, and treat diverticulosis, just to mention a few.
Sure, pears are delicious on their own. But if you want to add a little more excitement, you can turn them into a delightful dessert. You can bake them! If you haven’t had baked pears yet, it’s about time you try it. Easy, healthy, and delicious!Print
Easy Baked Pears
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This dish has very simple ingredients, but it is an elegant dessert that everybody will surely love, not just for ordinary days but also for gatherings, holidays, and beyond. It is about time to let pears shine!
4 pears (small to medium)
2 teaspoons melted coconut or avocado oil
3 to 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
For serving: (optional)
Coconut whipped cream
Vanilla coconut yogurt
Vanilla Bean Coconut Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking dish (9X13).
- Halve the pears and then remove the core using a spoon. Leave the stem on as much as possible.
- Arrange them, cut-side up, in the baking dish.
- Top the pears with oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, apple cider vinegar, ginger, and lemon juice.
- Flip pears and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until tender or until a knife inserted easily slides out.
- Remove from the oven, flip cut-side up and bake for another 5 minutes. This should caramelize the tops.
- Serve as is or top with your choice of toppings.
- You can serve your baked pears with coconut whipped cream, vanilla coconut yogurt, or vanilla bean coconut ice cream.
- You can also drizzle the pears with the remaining ‘sauce’ in the pan.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
There are many things that you can top your baked pears with. You can even combine oats, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and butter. Use this mixture as a topping once the pears are baked.
Baked pears are best when fresh so try to consume them on the same day. But if you still have leftovers, keep them covered in the fridge for up to 2 to 3 days. You can simply reheat them later on in the oven or microwave.