This dish has very simple ingredients, but it is an elegant dessert that everybody will surely love, not just for ordinary days but also for gatherings, holidays, and beyond. It is about time to let pears shine!
4 pears (small to medium)
2 teaspoons melted coconut or avocado oil
3 to 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
For serving: (optional)
Coconut whipped cream
Vanilla coconut yogurt
Vanilla Bean Coconut Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking dish (9X13).
- Halve the pears and then remove the core using a spoon. Leave the stem on as much as possible.
- Arrange them, cut-side up, in the baking dish.
- Top the pears with oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, apple cider vinegar, ginger, and lemon juice.
- Flip pears and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until tender or until a knife inserted easily slides out.
- Remove from the oven, flip cut-side up and bake for another 5 minutes. This should caramelize the tops.
- Serve as is or top with your choice of toppings.
- You can serve your baked pears with coconut whipped cream, vanilla coconut yogurt, or vanilla bean coconut ice cream.
- You can also drizzle the pears with the remaining ‘sauce’ in the pan.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes