Are you looking for a Butter Cake recipe from scratch that is easy to follow and master? Look no further as we got you covered.
This Easy Butter Cake is moist, fluffy, and super easy to make. This would be an excellent recipe for first-timers. Even if you are making it from scratch, there are no complicated steps involved. You can be sure that you can get it right the first time.
Out of all the dessert recipes that we have featured on this website, this is probably one of the easiest to pull together. It is basic, but it will definitely yield a light, moist, buttery, and very delicious cake that you can serve not only for dessert but also for breakfast. You can also snack on it anytime you wish to, just pair it with a cup of coffee or tea or a glass of milk or juice.
Since time immemorial, Butter Cake has been baked in a lot of homes again and again for birthdays, family reunions, and other celebrations, and it just keeps on getting better and better. It is a classic! You’d never forget the outstanding texture, taste, and flavor!Print
This easy fail-proof Butter Cake recipe will give you a moist and fluffy dessert. It also makes an excellent base cake for almost any type of frosting.
120 grams butter (softened)
180 grams caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
240 grams flour (self-rising)
1/2 cup milk
icing sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and line a cake tin (8 to 9 inches).
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla, fold in half the flour and half of the milk. Repeat with the remaining flour and milk, but make sure not to over-mix.
- Transfer the batter to the cake tin or pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake is golden and well-risen.
- Dust with icing sugar, slice, and serve.
- For better results, all ingredients EXCEPT the butter (which should be cold but soft) should be at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
Butter cake can be served warm or chilled. Either way, it’s going to be good. And like what we have said earlier, you can even frost it if you wish to. It would perfect with any frosting. You can also serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side, or whipped cream on top. You know what else would be good with it? Strawberry Compote! You can utilize a store-bought or homemade strawberry compote. It’s very easy to make as well.
Furthermore, you can make a Butter Cake in a round cake tin or a rectangular pan. If you are making it for a party, feel free to make it ahead of time, especially if you want to make several batches. Take note that this simple recipe also freezes well.