This easy fail-proof Butter Cake recipe will give you a moist and fluffy dessert. It also makes an excellent base cake for almost any type of frosting.
120 grams butter (softened)
180 grams caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
240 grams flour (self-rising)
1/2 cup milk
icing sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and line a cake tin (8 to 9 inches).
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla, fold in half the flour and half of the milk. Repeat with the remaining flour and milk, but make sure not to over-mix.
- Transfer the batter to the cake tin or pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake is golden and well-risen.
- Dust with icing sugar, slice, and serve.
- For better results, all ingredients EXCEPT the butter (which should be cold but soft) should be at room temperature.