One of the greatest pleasures during Fall is Caramel Apples. In fact, since apples are one of the many fruits that you can easily get throughout the year, you can make this simple yet very indulging dessert at any time.
It is true that there are many types of desserts that you can make in your own kitchen, but having Caramel Apples in your list would be good. We all know how nutritious apples are. And besides, you can never go wrong having fruit for dessert.
What are the health benefits of apples? Like what we have said, apples are very nutritious. They are loaded with vitamins and minerals that will surely benefit you more than you could imagine. They are good for weight loss since they contain lots of fibers. It has also been proven that apples are good for the heart and bones and can reduce the risk of diabetes, cancer, and other diseases. They have prebiotic effects as well, which support good gut bacteria. Some studies even show that apples contain compounds that can help fight asthma. These are only some of the known benefits that you can get from this type of fruit.
Now imagine a juicy and crispy apple dipped in caramel sauce. Your taste buds would certainly rejoice!Print
With very few simple ingredients, you can easily make Caramel Apples. You can also top them with your choice of sprinkles, nuts, or drizzles.
8 large apples
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup each butter and light corn syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
8 wooden sticks for handles
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Dip apples in boiling water for only a few seconds and then pat them dry using paper towels. Set aside and let cool.
- Once the apples are cool enough, insert the wooden sticks into the bottom of each.
- Get a baking sheet and line with parchment paper.
- In a separate saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, and condensed milk. Mix well and bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Cook until a candy thermometer reads 248 degrees Fahrenheit. This should take about 25 minutes. Be sure to stir constantly to prevent the mixture from burning.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Dip each apple into the caramel and put on the parchment paper to cool.
Drying the apples is very important as this will remove the wax from the peels.
If you wish to add nuts or sprinkles, it is highly recommended that you do so right after you lift the apples from the hot caramel. Once they are cool, it would be hard for the add-ons to stick.
Keep in mind that making the caramel sauce requires attention, so it would be better if you prepare everything that you need ahead of time. This way, you can focus on making the sauce. The cook time may also vary.
Caramel Apples are very easy to make. You just have to keep an eye on the caramel when making it. After that, you can have fun decorating the dipped apples with your favorite drizzles and sprinkles.