The family is on the way and you forgot to make dessert. Maybe your kids are nagging you to make some desserts and you simply don’t have time. Well, do not worry! There are some easy dessert recipes that you can make at home.
Easy Dessert Recipes
1. Ricotta Cheesecake Recipe (4 Ingredients)
I am going to admit that the cooking time for this ricotta cheesecake is kind of long (3 hours and 30 min to be exact). I think it’s well worth it. If you set aside the time for freezing, then the total cooking time will not come out so long.
For the base:
- Cookies: 200 g
- Cream butter 100 g
For the mousse:
- Ricotta cheese: 300g
- Gelatin: 30g
How To Make 4 Ingredient Ricotta Cheesecake
How to make a no-bake cheesecake with cottage cheese? First make the base. Choose the simplest cookies for it, according to your taste. I took a flavor of melted milk. Grind it into crumbs in a blender or with a rolling pin, placing it in a bag.
Transfer the crumbs to a bowl, add the melted butter. Mix everything thoroughly until homogeneous.
Place the crumbs in a round baking dish in the shape of a crust. Flatten it well. If it’s not a cake tin, like mine, line it with clingfilm to make it easier to remove the cheesecake. Put the cake in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Soak the gelatin in 100 ml of cold water (about 0.5 cup) for 30 minutes. Just while the cake is soaking, it will swell.
Take the ricotta cheese out of the fridge so that the mixture comes to room temperature
Dissolve 2/3 of the swollen gelatin in 120 ml of hot water.
Pour the warm gelatin mixture into the ricotta, stir.
Take the frozen cake out of the freezer. Pour the mousse over it.
Cover the cheesecake with clingfilm and place in the refrigerator for 1.5 hours to set.
Remove the cheesecake from the mold by first separating it from the walls with a knife. Decorate the top as you wish.
You can experiment with the curd filling by taking, for example, salty curd (if you like a salty taste in sweet desserts), or curd mass (it usually contains butter, so the dessert will be more caloric and it is advisable to test it beforehand, whether it mixes well with gelatin)
To make a good curd dough or filling, it is important to be careful with the choice of curd. A low-quality product can ruin the bake since it directly affects the consistency, taste, and end result.
2. Hot Cocoa Cookies (Easy Holiday Cookies)
Are you looking for easy and delicious holiday cookies? Well, look no further than these hot cocoa cookies.
-1/2 cup butter
-1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
-1 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 3 eggs
-1 Tbsp vanilla extract
-1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-1 1/2 cups flour
-1 1/2 tsp baking powder
-24 chocolate squares
-12 large marshmallows
1. Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave, heating in 15 second increments
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla
3. Whisk the chocolate into the egg mix.
4. Add the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder to the bowl and mix to make a smooth batter.
5. Chill the dough for 2 hours.
6. Scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking tray and press down slightly to flatten the dough balls.
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 9 minutes then press a chocolate square into the center of each cookie and top with a half marshmallow. Bake for another 4 minutes.
8. Let cool slightly then enjoy!
3. Cranberry Chocolate Bark For Christmas (W/ Toasted Almonds)
Just a few bites of this mount watering Chocolate Cranberry Bark is all it takes to satisfy my sweet tooth! It is a great holiday gift as well.
- 1 cup chopped almonds
-2 cups chocolate chips
-1 cup dried cranberries
- Chop the almonds.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, microwaving in 15 second increments then stirring until the chocolate is smooth.
- Stir half the almonds and half the cranberries into the chocolate.
- Spread the chocolate on a parchment or silicone mat lined tray. Make it about 1/4” thick.
- Sprinkle the rest of the almonds and cranberries over the chocolate.
- Place the tray in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill.
- Break the bark apart into rough pieces then enjoy!
I also made this simpler chocolate bark.
4. Super Easy Cocoa Mousse
- 1 can chilled full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
How To Make It
- Chill coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- Whip coconut cream with a mixer until fluffy.
- Microwave chocolate chips in 15 second intervals and mix until melted.
- Pour chocolate into fluffy coconut whip and mix for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Place mousse in a glass and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Simple Nutella Pastry Dessert
This Nutella Puff pastry recipe is so simple to make, with only 2 ingredients. They are also called Pain au chocolate in french or chocolate croissants in English.
6. Unicorn Fruit Kabobs
These fruit kabobs are a blast to make and a big hit with kids and adults. They are so simple to make. You just need strawberries, skewer sticks, and the unicorn sauce.
7. Peanut Butter Bites
● Jif peanut butter
● Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- Spoon out peanut butter into 8 ball size scoops
- Freeze for 20 mins or until hard ●
- Melt hazelnut spread ina microwave safe bowl ●
- Dip peanut butter balls in spread ●
- Freeze for another 10 mins and serve chilled