I love strawberries, especially fresh ones. Who wouldn’t? When they are in season, and they are at peak ripeness, they are sweet and juicy. That little bit of acidity provides more excitement to the flavor. A single bite will surely give a burst of sweetness to your mouth!
While fresh strawberries are good to eat on their own, there are many things that you can do with them to make consumption more fun and, of course, delicious. One of my favorites is a strawberry shortcake or simply chocolate-dipped strawberries. Oh so yummy! 🙂 This Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie though would be an excellent choice for dessert as well.
A strawberry pie may seem simple and very humble, but when talking about the taste, it is definitely a winner. Imagine having a slice of a strawberry pie with a buttery crust, filled with fresh and sweet strawberries topped with gelatin. Isn’t that heaven? You can also top your pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Do you know what else is good about this Fresh Strawberry Pie? It’s a breeze to make! The steps are very straightforward and the ingredients are super basic. So, yeah, you should consider making it today for your after-dinner dessert! 🙂Print
This strawberry pie with fresh strawberries is certainly a winner. It is quite easy to make, and you can expect to please even a huge crowd with it. With a nice crust, fresh strawberries, and a gelatin glaze, you’d have the perfect dessert!
1 refrigerated pie crust
3/4 c. sugar
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 c. water
3 ounces strawberry gelatin
4 c. sliced strawberries (fresh)
whipped cream (for topping, optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unroll crust into a 9-inch pie plate and trim the edges. Line crust with a double-thickness of parchment paper or aluminum foil. Bake for about 8 minutes, remove foil and then bake again for another 5 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin. Make sure the gelatin is fully dissolved. Place in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes to cool.
- Arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin over the strawberries and refrigerate until it sets.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream on top, if desired.
- You can definitely utilize a homemade pie crust for this recipe if you wish to.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
One problem that you may come across when making pies is a soggy crust. To avoid this issue, you can add an egg white glaze. Prebake the crust as directed and let it cool. Brush it with slightly beaten egg whites and bake for another 4 to 5 minutes to allow the glaze to set.
Another thing that you can do with this recipe is instead of slicing the strawberries, you can use them whole (remove the leaves). Simply arrange them pointed side up in the pie crust.