This strawberry pie with fresh strawberries is certainly a winner. It is quite easy to make, and you can expect to please even a huge crowd with it. With a nice crust, fresh strawberries, and a gelatin glaze, you’d have the perfect dessert!
1 refrigerated pie crust
3/4 c. sugar
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 c. water
3 ounces strawberry gelatin
4 c. sliced strawberries (fresh)
whipped cream (for topping, optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unroll crust into a 9-inch pie plate and trim the edges. Line crust with a double-thickness of parchment paper or aluminum foil. Bake for about 8 minutes, remove foil and then bake again for another 5 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin. Make sure the gelatin is fully dissolved. Place in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes to cool.
- Arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin over the strawberries and refrigerate until it sets.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream on top, if desired.
- You can definitely utilize a homemade pie crust for this recipe if you wish to.