With this simple French Galette With Peaches recipe, you can make use of a store-bought or homemade pie crust. It’s a stunning dessert filled with lots of peaches!
1 refrigerated rolled pie crust or homemade pie dough
flour (for surface)
2 medium peaches (cut into thick wedges)
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 large egg (beaten)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll crust on a lightly floured surface and roll to 12-inch diameter and transfer to the baking sheet.
- Combine peaches, almond extract, 1/4 cup turbinado sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add cornstarch.
- Spoon peach mixture onto the dough but be sure to leave about a 2-inch border around the edge.
- Fold dough over the filling.
- Brush border with egg and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes. The peaches should be tender and bubbling.
When folding the dough over the fruit, crimp the edges to somehow secure the filling.
- Cuisine: French