Are you looking for the best French tarts? Look no further! French tarts are a classic pastry that has been enjoyed by people all over the world for centuries. They are a type of pastry with a flaky, buttery crust that is filled with all kinds of delicious fillings.
From sweet to savory, there are endless possibilities when it comes to French tarts. Whether you’re a beginner or a pastry master, you’re sure to find something that you’ll love. From traditional recipes to modern takes, we’ll introduce you to the best French tarts around. Let’s get baking!
1. Galette des Rois
I love this recipe for galette des rois because it’s easy to make, yet tastes like a professional pastry. The flaky crust is made with butter and just the right amount of sugar. The almond cream filling is rich and creamy, with a hint of orange blossom water. I love the fact that this traditional French dessert is so easy to customize – you can switch out the almond cream for a fruit filling, or even add chocolate chips.
Plus, it’s fun to decorate! This recipe is perfect for a special occasion or family gathering. It’s sure to impress everyone – and it’s an easy way to enjoy a taste of France in the comfort of your own home. So why not give this recipe a try? You won’t regret it!
For the crust:
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup cold butter (1 stick)
• 3 tablespoons cold water
For the almond cream filling:
• 1/2 cup almond meal
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 2 tablespoons orange blossom water
• 1 egg yolk
1. To make the crust, mix together the flour and salt in a medium bowl. Cut the butter into small cubes and add to the flour mixture. Rub together with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Add the cold water and mix until the dough comes together. Knead lightly until it forms a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
4. To make the almond cream filling, mix together the almond meal, butter, sugar, orange blossom water, and egg yolk in a medium bowl.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 12-inch round. Place the dough on a baking sheet.
6. Spread the almond cream mixture over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border.
7. Fold the edge of the dough over the filling, pressing lightly to seal.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
9. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
2. Tartelettes aux Fruits
I am utterly enamoured with this tartelettes aux fraises et crme recipe! Not only is it a fantastically delicious way to satiate my sweet tooth, but the process couldn’t be easier. These scrumptious creations are made from an indulgent yet not too buttery shortcrust pastry and then packed full of an irresistibly creamy vanilla custard – all crowned with succulent fresh strawberries for extra balance in sweetness. It’s simply divine how the tart crust works harmoniously alongside that decadent sweetness of the cutaneous mixture along with its refreshingly piquant notes derived from those delectable berries!
Not only is it delicious, but it looks amazing too! The presentation of these tartelettes is always sure to impress. The best part is that you don’t need any special ingredients or skills to make them. All you need is a few simple ingredients and you can have these delicious tartelettes ready in no time. So if you’re looking for an impressive yet easy dessert, this recipe for tartelettes aux fraises et crème is definitely for you!
For the pastry:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold butter (1 stick)
3 tablespoons cold water
For the custard filling:
2 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
4 egg yolks
4 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons butter
For the topping:
1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
1. To make the pastry, mix together the flour and salt in a medium bowl. Cut the butter into small cubes and add to the flour mixture. Rub together with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarsecrumbs.
2. Add the cold water and mix until the dough comes together. Knead lightly until it forms a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 375F.
4. To make the custard filling, heat the milk and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, cornstarch, and butter until smooth.
6. Slowly add the hot milk to the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
7. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
8. Remove from heat and let cool.
9. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 12-inch round. Cut out 4 circles, about 4 inches in diameter.
10. Place the circles on a baking sheet.
11. Divide the custard filling between the 4 circles.
12. Top each circle with fresh strawberries.
13. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is goldenbrown.
14. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
3. Aux Flans
I am immensely fond of this recipe for flan la noix de coco! It is a delicately light and fluffy coconut custard dessert that is quite scrumptious. I delight in the ease with which it can be prepared, and its ingredients are readily available. The flavors of the coconut combined with its tinge of sweetness give off an enchanting experience for my palates; moreover, it also doesn’t burden too much on my digestive system.
Plus, it’s a great way to get in some healthy fats from the coconut. All in all, this recipe is a winner in my books – it’s easy to make, tastes amazing, and is healthy too! – I’m sure you’ll love it as much as I do!
2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
4 egg yolks
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Heat the milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, cornstarch, and salt until smooth.
3. Slowly add the hot milk to the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
4. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the coconut flakes.
6. Pour the mixture into a 9-inch baking dish.
7. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
8. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
I couldn’t be more ecstatic about this unique recipe from Spatula Desserts – it’s both delightfully light and airy, yet incredibly scrumptious! The choux pastry is filled with a rich and creamy custard that sits atop an array of layers in the form of a cone. Finally, I adore the sweet caramel glaze which ties everything together to create an aesthetically-pleasing treat for special occasions – not to mention its delectable taste!
Absolutely heavenly! The combination of the creamy custard and the light, airy choux pastry is absolutely divine. Plus, this recipe is surprisingly easy to make – it just requires some patience and commitment. If you’re looking for an impressive dessert that won’t take too much of your time, this is definitely the one for you!
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the water, butter, and sugarto a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low and add the flour, stirring constantly until the mixture forms a ball.
4. Transfer the dough to a bowl and let cool.
5. Once the dough has cooled, add the eggs one at a time, stirring until fully incorporated.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 1/4-inch thickness.
7. Cut out 3-inch circles and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until goldenbrown.
9. Let cool before handling.
10. In a medium bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until soft peaks form.
11. Fill each pastry circle with the cream mixture.
12. Stack the filled pastries in a cone shape, using the caramel glaze to hold themtogether.
13. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
5. Tarte aux Poires
I’m always on the lookout for delicious recipes that are both easy to make and healthy, and this Tarte Aux Poi recipe from Femme Actuelle is definitely one of my favorites. Not only is it full of nutritious ingredients like apples, pears, and oats, it also tastes amazing. The combination of the sweet apples and pears with the crunchy oats is truly delightful. It’s also incredibly simple to make – all you need is some thinly sliced apples and pears, some oats, some sugar, butter, and a bit of flour.
Once you’ve mixed everything together, you simply put it in the oven for around 35 minutes and voila – you have a delicious tart ready to enjoy. What’s even better is that you can customize it however you’d like – add some blueberries or nuts if desired – to make it even more flavorful. All in all, this recipe from Femme Actuelle is an absolute winner in my book and I’m sure it’ll be a hit with your family too!
3 large apples, thinly sliced
3 large pears, thinly sliced
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Grease a 9 inch pie plate with butter.
3. In a large bowl, combine the apples and pears with the oats, sugar, and melted butter.
4. Add the flour and mix until fully combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the greased pie plate.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
6. Tarte au Citron
I cannot get enough of this savory dish! It’s incredibly simple to put together yet bursting with flavor, and it always garners rave reviews at any get-together. Its ingredients are readily available and accessible; the end product looking like a masterpiece alongside its versatility which allows one to alter spice levels as desired in order create their own individualized blend.
I especially love that the directions are easy to follow, so even a novice cook can make a beautiful dish. Most important of all, the results are always delicious. I’ve never had a bad experience making this recipe, and I’m sure you won’t either. So why not give it a try? You won’t regret it!
1 9-inch pre-made pie crust
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Place the pre-made pie crust in a 9-inch piepan.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, sugar, eggs, and melted butter.
4. Pour the mixture into the piecrust.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is goldenbrown.
6. Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
7. Chantilly Cream Tart
I am completely smitten with this Chantilly Cream recipe from Emma Duckworth Bakes! The minute I laid eyes on it, I knew it was something truly exceptional. This classic French custard-based dessert is a surprisingly easy creation consisting of just cream and sugar – yet its texture is both delicious and satiating. Each spoonful leads to an entirely enchanting experience – delicately sweet yet undeniably light!
Not to mention, it looks so beautiful when it’s served up! Plus, the recipe is incredibly versatile. I can use it for cakes, pies, tarts, cupcakes, and beyond. It’s one of my go-to recipes that never fails to impress. Whether I’m baking for a special occasion or just for fun, this Chantilly Cream recipe is always a hit!
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoonvanilla extract
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the heavy cream and sugar.
2. Beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the vanilla extract and continue to beat until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes more.
4. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag and pipe onto your desired desserts. Enjoy!
8. Gateau de Liege
I am utterly enamored with this recipe for Gateau au Sirops de Lige. It is a transcendent concoction of sweet and savory flavors, combining the velvety cake with succulent caramel syrup to create an essential Belgian classic that I cannot get enough of! Not only is it delicious; moreover, it’s also quite simple to put together – making it perfect for any occasion!
The ingredients are simple and the instructions are straightforward. With just a few minutes of preparation, you can have a delicious dessert that will impress your guests! The best part is that you can choose to make it as light or decadent as you like by adjusting the amount of syrup you use. This recipe is definitely one to keep in your arsenal – it’s sure to please everyone!
9. Galette des Rois (variation)
I am head over heels for this recipe for Galette des Rois! It is an iconic French pastry that is traditionally observed during the festive season. This particular recipe is just the thing to infuse some of that country’s heritage into your abode; its flaky, crunchy texture will leave you satiated upon consumption.
The filling is a sweet almond cream with a hint of orange flower water and a delicious golden crust. The finished product is truly a work of art! This recipe is easy to make and takes less than an hour. All you need are some ingredients and a little bit of patience. The end result will be worth it! I highly recommend this recipe to anyone who wants to experience the taste of France in their own kitchen. Bon appétit!
1 puff pastry sheet
1/2 cup almond paste
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon orange flower water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry sheet and cut it into two circles – one slightly larger than the other.
3. Place the larger circle on the prepared baking sheet.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the almond paste and sugar until combined.
5. Spread the almond paste mixture onto the pastry circle, leaving a 1-inch border.
6. Place the smaller pastry circle on top of the almond paste and press down the edges to seal.
7. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and orange flower water.
8. Brush the egg wash over the pastry and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Serve warm and enjoy!
10. Gateau aux Raisins et noisettes (variation)
I have been making this recipe for years and it never gets old! It’s a delicious, hearty meal that is both healthy and satisfying. I love that it’s easy to make and that you can customize it to your own tastes. Plus, it’s packed with nutritious ingredients like lean ground beef, black beans, tomatoes, and bell peppers. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover ingredients you might have in your fridge.
The combination of flavors in this recipe is simply amazing. The beef and beans give it a great texture, the tomatoes add a nice sweetness, and the bell peppers add a nice crunch. I love that the leftovers make for a delicious lunch the next day too! This recipe is definitely one of my favorites and if you haven’t tried it yet, you’re missing out!
1 pound lean ground beef
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups tomatoes, chopped
1 bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until no pink remains.
3. Add the black beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, raisins, and walnuts. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper.
5. Pour the oil mixture over the beef and vegetable mixture and stir to combine.
6. Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
7. Serve warm and enjoy!
Thank you for checking out this list of Best French Tarts! We hope this guide has been informative and helped you to discover some delicious tarts that you can try. Whether it’s a classic tarte tatin, a rich and creamy chocolate tart, or a sweet and fruity tart, there’s something here for everyone. We wish you the best of luck in your tart-making endeavors and hope that you will be able to whip up something delicious. Bon appétit!